• Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17821 von UtahRodel
A few questions. wurde erstellt von UtahRodel
Hello friends,

I’m sorry I don’t sprechen the Deutsch.

It has been a terrible, one storm winter here in the western US so we are coming back to the Alps.

What are some of your recommendations for the best schlittelweg/rodelbahn? I like fast, scary, difficult and athletic but also like cruising long distance.

I have a service dog that goes everywhere with me (on motorcycles, up cliffs, on horses, etc.), will there be a chance of me riding gondolas and sledding with her or should I generally count on leaving her behind? Good rodelhutte for hiking to with the dog?

We will we mostly be traveling between Grindlewald and Innsbruck, in a car, so can kind of go anywhere.

For future reference here in the US, is there any special method or equipment to ride chair lifts with a sled other than on the seat next to you?

Thanks!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Marco aus Holland
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Der Kaseroller
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17824 von Marco aus Holland
Marco aus Holland antwortete auf A few questions.
I recommend Sud Tirol ( north Italy) where you find the best prepared tracks in all of the Alps with Sexten, Ratschings and RudiRun. ( you can see videos on my YouTube under   Marco vd einden ) from there you also can make day trips to austria and go to Astberg, Kirchberg and Wildkogel. About your dog, i would not take her with you on the rodeltracks here cause alot more going on.

kind regards from Holland 

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17826 von urs
urs antwortete auf A few questions.
UtahRodel ,
Welcome to the Forum.
I can fully support Marco’s explanations.

RE:  Dogs - IF I remember correctly, dogs are strictly forbidden on the Süd-Tirol / Italian runs (as are pedestrians,  BTW !!)
For Austria I can’t comment.

Regards
Urs
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von urs.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17831 von Rodelrobert
Rodelrobert antwortete auf A few questions.
Hello UtahRodel,
you are very welcome. 
When will you come to Europe?
There are some more Rodelbahn(en) (en=plural), which are fitting to your sportive rodeling. 

Rinerhorn in Davos / Switzerland = very steep and challenging (I don't like it, because I have to brake a lot; I'm not the best Rodler)
Hochwurzen in Schladming / Austria
Nauders - Bergcastel in Austria (we plan to make a Forum Rodel event at the weekend of 2nd + 3rd April) 
www.rodelfuehrer.de/forum/7-treffpunkt/5...aisonende-in-nauders

For future reference here in the US, is there any special method or equipment to ride chair lifts with a sled other than on the seat next to you?

​​​​At the most chair lifts here in the alps (Astberg in Going / Austria for example) has a hook at the side of the chair lift. The lift personnel is hanging the Rodel into this hook.​​​​​​

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17833 von UtahRodel
UtahRodel antwortete auf A few questions.
Gentlemen,

Thank you kindly for your suggestions; they are exactly what I was looking for and I will update my spreadsheets accordingly.

Oh, I didn’t mean Mattie would be running around the track; she rides, like a child. She’s good with jumps on a motorcycle. I saw dogs in a Pintenfritz video and I’ve seen someone ride with a kid in their lap plus one on their shoulders. How about good rodelhütte we can hike to at nights that would be suitable?

Rodelrobert: 2.22, for about a month. Arriving in Zurich, then a few days around Schwyz. Have a week booked in Innsbruck but are otherwise open. Current hit list is Pintenfritz, Fiescheralp, Rosswald, Bernhardseck, Meißner Haus, and everything suggested here. Thank you for the hook information, that is exactly what I was looking for. Trying to get things going over here for next year. Interested in the rodel event for sure!

Singer

Anhänge:

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17836 von Luchs
Luchs antwortete auf A few questions.
I do prefer to go up by cablecar or taxi, and daylight, but I will make some suggestions for hiking-tracks (without any guarantee for good conditions of course)

Meissner Haus has not one single corner, its just a straight line of 5km length. I dont think you will like that.

Near Innsbruck are better tracks:
Juifenalm
Naviser Hütte
Obernberger See (the hut is closed, the track has lighting)

Südtirol (Italy):
Geisler Alm
Dreischusterhütte (not very steep gradient, but beautyful)
Stumpfalm (Gsieser Tal)

If you like it scary:
Brunstalm near Olang (hut is closed during winter) If you miss a corner you might end up in a creek with big rocks, but I suppose you are used to that.
Sennes Hütte
www.almenrausch.at/uploads/tx_webxhousin...trips/1440/04_32.jpg
www.almenrausch.at/touren/detail/senneshuette-naturrodelbahn/
You should be in command of your sled in these tight hairpins. There are 9 of them in the lower part of the track.

Osttirol (Austria):
Leckfeldalm (snowmobile Taxi or hiking, 7km, hut opened at night too, but no lighting)
Würfelehütte (lighting, Taxi) I have never been there, but it might be fun. I have run all the other suggested tracks, except meissner haus of course.

Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von Luchs.

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17838 von UtahRodel
Luchs, thank you so much for these great suggestions.

Flying off the track is definitely one measure of a quality run. Sennes looks really neat!

Cable cars are a highlight of Europe, for sure, but I also gotta walk off all that venison and tiramisu. We are highly motivated to visit many tracks of all kinds on this trip.

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Lindauer Sportrodel, ohne Kompromis
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17841 von Cattleya
Cattleya antwortete auf A few questions.
Hi Utha and Mandyyyy (the dog) !I write in German but you can translate it on google

ziehst du Rodelbahnen vor an welchen man zu fuss hoch steigen muss?

Was big pintenfitz betrifft. Für mich ein oder dass Highlight ! Beachte aber dass du den besten Tag dafür nimmst und das beste Wetter. Es ist dort sehr wichtig weil du sonnst die gegenüberliegenden 4000er (m.ü.M) nicht siehst.
Der www.youtube.com/channel/UCwtvR80mgg--1P4P5Rhq4Hw

zeigt die besten Routen um Grindelwald/ Interlaken .

Führt deine Reise am Kanton Graubünden , region Chur Davos vorbei ? da kann ich dir auch einige Tips geben.
lass uns täglich wissen wo du am nächsten oder übernächsten Tag fährst, vieleicht gesellt sich mal einer von uns dazu und fährt mit .

unsere bleibtesten Strecken mit Bergbahn findest du hier..

www.rodelfuehrer.de/forum/5-alles-ueber-...ahnen?start=20#15530

gute videos zum Bahnen erleben haben unter anderem !! diese:
www.youtube.com/user/Schlittelfilme
www.youtube.com/user/PeterCNE70
www.youtube.com/user/deurske1971/videos

gruss

==========================
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von Cattleya.

• Marco aus Holland
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Der Kaseroller
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17843 von Marco aus Holland
in case you are not on your sled. And you just wanna do some sightseeing in Sud Tirol, I can recommend Sterzing/Vipiteno about 10-15 min drive from Ratschings rodelbahn. Wich is a very nice old town with nice shops and Restaurants. Theres also Italys longest sled run (10km) wih is nice to do if snow conditions are good as the lower part is exposed to the sun all day. down at the lift station theres Biwak restaurant wich has very good Pizzas and local dishes. In the centre you have Zum Traube restaurant wich also serves very good pizzas and other dishes and has an impresive Italian wine list. I this area you also have the rodelbahn in Ladurns (in the direction of Gossensass) wich is nice to do for max one run. If you wanna go shopping i can recommend the outlet shopping centre at Brenner ( about 15 mim. north of Sterzing ).
If you are in the area of the Rudi Run rodelbahn the town of Brixen/Bressanone is also worth to visit.
Tip if you are going to rodel an i know you will. be there at lift opening in the morning. Especially over the next upcoming weeks wen theses holiday season here in europe. And now covid restrictions are coming to an end its expected for alot of us traveling to the alps. i would avoid to go to the populair rodeltracks in the weekend such as Rosskopf, Wildkogel and astberg.
For nice things to see in Austria the local guys in here can give you some better tipps than i can as im not local.
and yeah in the Alps you can get your hands on some outstanding German beers from Bavaria.

Kind Regards/ Shone Grusse from/Aus The Netherlands.

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17852 von UtahRodel
Cattleya - Thank you. I like to learn all languages so do read the German; the translation resources we have today are incredible.

We come to Europe for the lifts, but rodelhütte are a high-water mark of civilization as well and they’re usually good for Mattie, I think(?). We are trying to replicate that experience here in the US with a backcountry yurt so want to visit and film all kinds of rodelbahn. Good advice for Pintenfritz; I want to get that right. I think we will be near Davos for 3-4 days, in about a week. I will acquire a slightly larger car, keeping in mind you or anyone else might join us - as you are more than welcome to.

Marco - Appropriate suggestions, thank you. I was introduced to the rodel in Sterzing, passing through to visit friends. Rosskopf and Allriss Alm are therefore the only runs I have done in Europe, so we are pretty excited. Definitely going to take some down time around pretty villages. Good reminder for the lift and covid openings; I had almost forgot about crowds. At one point this year we were grooming 15-20 kms into the backcountry with no mobile service and I’m looking forward to having a lot of that work/pressure off my shoulders and and just enjoy riding.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17853 von Luchs

Luchs, thank you so much for these great suggestions.

Flying off the track is definitely one measure of a quality run. Sennes looks really neat!

These ancient guardrails might stop you from flying off the track, but I would not want to find that out.
www.almenrausch.at/uploads/tx_webxhousin...Winterwandern-03.jpg

Summer-pictures:
(the house in the valley is the rifugio Pederü, which is more a hotel than a mountain hut)

www.deine-berge.de/fotos/tour/original/D...te-Pederue_15500.jpg

www.gps-tour.info/redx/tools/mb_image.ph...36263/IMG_0736_4.JPG

If this track has suffered too much from the sun in march you can try the track that leads to the La Varella Hütte, it is on the opposite side of the Sennes track, both tracks end (or start) in the same valley at the Rifugio Pederü.

www.almenrausch.at/touren/detail/lavarel...ette-naturrodelbahn/
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von Luchs.

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17859 von Cattleya
Utah and Matti

Hunde sind auf Rodelbanen in der Schweiz verboten, wenn so Fahrer ankommen wie wir aus dem Forum wird es sonst gefährlich für matti !
Wenn mit Hund, dann Matti vorne auf Rodel nehmen und gut aufpassen!
Auf Strecken auf die du zu fuss gehen musst, bsp Big PintenFitz(BPF)  sind Hunde aber erlaubt. Trotzdem Aufpassen!

BPF, wenn du beispielsweise 3-5 Tage in Grindelwald umgebung bist, so plane den besten Tag für BPF ein, denn die anderen Bahnen kann man auch bei schlechter Sicht befahren. Ich verspreche dir, dass wenn du tolles wetter hast der Ausflug zu BPF  2.5 std ab Bergstation First zu einem Top Erlebniss für dich werden wird . ! Vielleicht best Ever !?

Regio Graubünden Davos:
wenn noch nicht Quartier gebucht hast so guck doch im Tal bei Rähzüns oder Bonadutz oder Domat/Ems oder Chur usw
das sind zentral gelegen zu folgenden top Bahnen
1. Sarn Heinenberg (2 bahnen)
2 Brigels Waltensburg (2 Bahnen)
3. Hochwang
4. Bergün Weltkulturerbe (2 Bahnen)
5 Davos Rinerhorn (speedtrac)
usw
In davos selbst ist es nicht sehr hübsch und alle anderen Bahnen sind weit weg ;)

gruss

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17866 von Rodelrobert

I was introduced to the rodel in Sterzing, passing through to visit friends. 
Don't miss Rotwand in Sexten / South Tirol, if you are there. It's 1,5 hours away from Sterzing. This is by far the best Rodelbahn in South Tirol. Almost all Rodlers here like it the most.

Tip:
I don't know, if you know it. Be there at the opening of every Rodelbahn, because then you have a well prepared track. If you come later (lunchtime), most Rodelbahns are destroyed by rental toboggan people.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von Rodelrobert.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17918 von Rodelrobert
Hello UtahRodel,
all has gone well? Tell us some of your experiences in Europe, because you started this thread. We want some input!

Thank you!

Best regards
Robert

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17937 von UtahRodel
Hi Robert,

Thank you, sir. Been down with jet lag; I have never got sick from it before but had bad nausea and headaches. We are in Zurich this morning, going to see Jo today for new sleds and staying around Schwyz for three nights, then will be in Davos for another three, then moving onto Brixen for a week.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rodelrobert

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17939 von Rodelrobert
Hi UtahRodel,
I wish you a fast recovery. Enjoy your visit in Europe in the next days.
Send many greetings from me to Jo (I have a Lindauer Top too)!
I hope, he will be at our planned Rodel event in Nauders in April too.

Best regards
Robert

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17945 von UtahRodel
Thank you, Robert; feeling better breathing the mountain air. Today we rode the Rotenflue twice with Der Maestro. Great track with some sections that could provide both sport and excitement. I was riding with Mattie today so taking it easier but it was just so awesome that she got to ride the gondola and sled with us!

We are going, also with Jo, to Melchsee-Frutt on Saturday morning then onto Davos. Any and all are invited.

Oh, most people call me Singer but I answer to Jason as well.

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17946 von Cattleya
Hi Utha 
Willkommen in der Schweiz
Seline meine Tochter und ich werden Samstag auch MelchseeFrutt sein. Zum Schienen testen. Vielleicht sehen wir uns.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17947 von Rodelrobert
Hello UtahRodel,
the picture shows very well, that you, your dog, Jo and his daughter had a lot of fun.
By the way your dog looks sooo cool! 

Best regards
Robert

• Marco aus Holland
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Der Kaseroller
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17957 von Marco aus Holland
Hi singer. I hope you enjoy your stay in In the Alps. Just to let you know if you want to contact me in person via WhatsApp you can use the following number. +31625081888

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17960 von Cattleya
Dem gehts gut . Ist aber wegen Jetlaq etwas sehr müde. Gerade nach davos weier gereist

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Marco aus Holland, Rodelrobert

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17967 von UtahRodel

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17968 von UtahRodel
Great time with Jo and Cattelya at Melchsee Frutt yesterday.

Riding the Rinerhorn now and it’s spicy! My technique is gone…

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17971 von Cattleya

! My technique is gone…

what technique?

Ihr müsst wissen ,dieser US-Boy  ist ein bischen wie die Berliner oder wie Robert
" Bremsen ? ....wiso bremsen.....was ist bremsen ... "

Singer, viel spass in Davos und Umgebung ! 

Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von Cattleya.

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18008 von FedeC_ITA
FedeC_ITA antwortete auf A few questions.
Hello UtahRodel,

if you like, as you wrote scary, fast and exciting tracks, I want to suggest this track:

I know that is not super closed to the track suggested by other friends located in South Tyrol
It is 1h far from Bolzano/Bozen, in Fiemme Valley / Fleimstal. inside Alpe Lusia ski area (Bellamonte)
it is full of curves for any kind of radius. I found id more exciting that usual long tracks with super long streights between shoer radius curves.
Main minus of this track is that is fully sunny, and starting from March in the morning snow if super iced. 
I usually run on this track between 830 to 11. After it is too dangerous when are coming the rental users.
I know that this area is little far from Austrian border, but it is just half hour farer then, for example Ritten, just over Bozen.
I hope that videos can give you an idea about the track.

Winter and water sports
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her von FedeC_ITA.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Cattleya, Rodler aus Berlin

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18013 von urs
FedeC_ITA ,
Thanks for your info - a new track for my "To-Do-List"
I's nice to know that there are so many " Hidden Treasures" still  to discover 

Regards
Urs

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18017 von Cattleya
Ganz ganz ganz tolle Filme ! Super Schnitt super Quali und die Musik muss man auch ned  weg schalten.
Betreff RodelVideo kann man sagen
" Ganz grosses Kino "

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: FedeC_ITA

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18018 von UtahRodel
We rode Klosters yesterday a few times. Wasn’t groomed (some big “whoops” [bumps] here and there) but there was also essentially nobody there. When I went to ride alone and left Mattie with Crysta she panicked and ran away twice, tracked my scent across the bridge to the cable car, barged through the turnstiles, and tried to load up herself; the staff was not impressed. 

We’re in Brixen now and it’s springy here. Gotta shift back somewhere cold and wintery.

Federico: thanks so much for the great suggestion and excellent videos! I really appreciate it and have logged this track into my list. I, like you, favor long, sweeping turns over hairpins - unless they drop off steep like the Rinerhorn. Looks sporty with the groomed track sitting above the forest floor. Going to try to get there in the next few days.

This is our current best run in Utah (Important to remember that it’s a snowmobile route and we have to worry about uphill traffic around the bends):

Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her von UtahRodel.

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18019 von FedeC_ITA
Your track in Utah is what I’m searching in Rodeln slope. Fast , sporty, and always needs to drive.
If you really come, would be better that you told me in advance. As you could see here is spring and in the southern side of Alps this year the snow is very poor. Because I have a friend that works in track maintenance and I also know the director of the station I can ask them to setup the track as best as that they can. It is enough you tell me one day in advance. Have great runs in these days

Winter and water sports

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18020 von FedeC_ITA
Anyway, I’m in the valley in these days because of Carnival school holidays. Are 10 days that I’m missing and I will check with my eyes snow and track conditions. Today I will be in Ritten, and tomorrow in Fraina

Winter and water sports

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18021 von Rodelrobert
Hello UtahRodel,
how long will you be there in Brixen? What's your plan for this weekend (I would recommend Rotwand in Sexten, RudiRun in Brixen, Ratschings)? 
I can imagine to come to South Tyrol for 2 days this weekend. Will you be there?

Best regards
Robert
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her von Rodelrobert.

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18023 von UtahRodel
Robert,

Sir, thank you for the suggestions. We rode Monte Baranci today and it was fun. I forgot that the RudiRun was in Brixen as I’m tired from the rodeling, driving, and mixing languages. Is BRIMI Gitschberg a good run? We are planning the Rotwand tomorrow and then we are going back to Innsbruck for two days and then back to Grindlewald because we’re done with covid restrictions and it was more wintery over there. Maybe we’ll hit Ratschings on the way out in the afternoon. What are the best runs or hütte around Innsbruck that are in good condition? I have Rauthhutte, Wetterstein, and Rosskogelhutte on my list.  I saw the famous Christian Fischer post a neat run from Elmau a few days ago, so maybe that?

Federico, thank you as well. Let’s hook up next season!

Thanks again to all for the kindness and suggestions!

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18024 von Cattleya
Lieber Singer
Nim Rudirun Brixen , nicht Brimirun
Nim wenn du zeit hast Ratschings  mit . Es ist nur 15 Min von der Autobahn.

Superidee ist ab Insbruck zum Elfer Bahn , dan hinunter zum Pinnistal. Da gibt es ein Rodeltaxi  zur Alm . (Sightseeing Rodeling)
Rückweg ist dann ins Tal und 15min walk zum Auto oder Auto holen . 
Ein verückter Almwirt, gute sehr günstige Preise . Kein gehheimtip mer. Andere können dir abfahrtzzeit  von Rodeltaxi nennen . !
 Schau dir das Rodeltaxi an. Vieleicht eine Superidee auch für dein Projekt in den US
Zieht viele leute an !

Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her von Cattleya.

• Rodler aus Berlin
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18026 von Rodler aus Berlin
Rodler aus Berlin antwortete auf A few questions.

Lieber Singer
Nim Rudirun Brixen , nicht Brimirun
Nim wenn du zeit hast Ratschings  mit . Es ist nur 15 Min von der Autobahn.

Superidee ist ab Insbruck zum Elfer Bahn , dan hinunter zum Pinnistal. Da gibt es ein Rodeltaxi  zur Alm . (Sightseeing Rodeling)
Rückweg ist dann ins Tal und 15min walk zum Auto oder Auto holen . 
Ein verückter Almwirt, gute sehr günstige Preise . Kein gehheimtip mer. Andere können dir abfahrtzzeit  von Rodeltaxi nennen . !
 Schau dir das Rodeltaxi an. Vieleicht eine Superidee auch für dein Projekt in den US
Zieht viele leute an !
ich glaub der Wirt ist gegen 12 Uhr an der Issenangeralm und fährt dann die Rodler zur Pinnisalm.
Der Rodelbus fährt um 14:00, 15:00 und um 16:15 Uhr vom Pinnistal zurück zum Parkplatz vor der Seilbahn.

Ich habe den Elfer immer sehr überlaufen in Erinnerung, Schneehügel von teils 25-30cm, sind leider keine Seltenheit …

Ich war im Stubaital das letzte Mal vor 6 Jahren, also die Informationen mit Vorsicht genießen 

• Marco aus Holland
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Der Kaseroller
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18027 von Marco aus Holland
I would avoid Brimirun Gitschberg. I was there a couple of years ago. Better to go to RudiRun or Ratschings or both is even better 
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Cattleya

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18030 von UtahRodel
We got fresh tracks on the Rotwand today, which was excellent. You can’t really ask for more out of a run. Couldn’t get much past 65kmh, but you can take some of the bends pretty hot. Five stars.

Rode Ratschings in the afternoon. Also has some nice straight sections where you can pick up speed, slightly less well-prepared, but also a great enthusiastic group of other riders. I’ll go with four stars.

In Innsbruck and deciding where to ride tomorrow….

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18032 von UtahRodel
Gentlemen,

We rode the Elferbahn and Pinnistal today and it was exceptional all the way around. Thanks so much for the suggestion! You can go faster than you want to on the bottom of Pinnis, which is perfect.

Serfaus has been recommended to me for tomorrow. Any input? We are driving to Grindlewald tomorrow so anywhere between here and there….

• wheelie
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • aka Willi
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18033 von wheelie
wheelie antwortete auf A few questions.
We were in the Pinnistal on Wednesday. What a pity that we didn't meet us.
I would have liked to met the sled addict American, and im shure, my Kids would had liked Mattie.

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18034 von Cattleya
Nicht Serfaus,!
Fahr 15 min weiter nach Nauders. .Nauders  hat eine sehr sehr tolle Bahn und Stieralm und  Lärchenalm sind zwei sehr tolle restaurants . !
Gruss

• Marco aus Holland
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Der Kaseroller
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18035 von Marco aus Holland
I agree with udo. Go to Nauders even when I never been there. I have seen some videos and it’s still on my list i think you won’t regret it.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: UtahRodel

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18036 von UtahRodel
Gentlemen,

We rode Nauders a few times this morning and it was super. Long, fast straights with short, quick turn switching. Going to Grindelwald for four days to drop the ‘Fritz!

Mr. Wheelie, we’ll plan ahead better and catch you next season.

Anhänge:

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18037 von hellix
hellix antwortete auf A few questionsats,
Utah,
your Dog looks so cool !!
Grats,
Helli

Unten bist schneller als Oben ;-)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: UtahRodel

• wheelie
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • aka Willi
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18038 von wheelie
wheelie antwortete auf A few questions.
I hope so, but I think I need to improve my English first.

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18039 von Cattleya
Utah Singer überlegt sich  uns im nächsten Rodel urlaub 1Februar Woche 23 zu begleiten. Ob dass nun Südtirol, Schweiz, Österreich wird steht noch in den Sternen .
Müssen wir mal diskutieren auf was ihr Lust habt .
Aber da er sogar mein "englisch" versteht braucht ihr euch keine Sorgen zu machen.

Grindelwald
Nochmals.,suche dir für den BPF den schönsten Tag der Woche aus und vergewissere dich am Vortag ob überhaupt offen ist. (Lawinen)

Rodelbahnen um Grindelwald
youtube.com/user/rodelandi

Gruss

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18040 von Rodelrobert
Rodelrobert antwortete auf A few questionsats,
Hello UtahRodel,
when is your last day in Europe? 
Will you be there at our planned Rodel Event 2nd + 3rd April in Nauders?
I really want to see you and Mattie the coolest dog on earth!

Best Regards
Robert 

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18041 von UtahRodel
UtahRodel antwortete auf A few questionsats,
We rode the BPF today. Wow; what an adventure. It’s fantastic that noobs are flying down that thing on schlitten. I imagine there have been some misadventures. Didn’t get to really drop it because I was riding with punkin, which is both hard and scary. In need of a rest day before I hit it again for sport but we are here for four days. What other tracks should we ride here?

RodelRobert, not quite sure when we are leaving but will keep you updated. Mattie loves making friends; it’s her job as a service dog.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rodelrobert

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18042 von Cattleya

Normalerweise zieht der Hund den Rodel

Über Grindelwald Bahnen weis ich fast nichts .
Nur den Youtube kanal von RodelAndi.

Mr Gunta und Urs könnten dir helfen. Hoffentlich sehen sie deine Frage .
Gruss

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18043 von Cattleya
Und Singer, was waren deine Top 5 Rodelbahnen  oder Erlebnisse in den letzten Wochen CH/AT/IT /CH
?

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18044 von Rodelrobert
War ja klar, dass Du die Schweiz 2x anführst.

CH/AT/IT /CH

• Cattleya
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18045 von Cattleya
Er begann in Ch und ist jetz wider in CH
Das ist seine Reiseroute

Du bis ja nur neidisch das D nicht aufgeführt wird

Mehr
2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #18047 von Rodelrobert
Ich bin insofern nur neidisch, weil ich leider keine kurzen Anfahrtswege zu guten Rodelbahnen habe. Selbst der Astberg ist schon 3h von mir daheim weg. In welchem Land die Rodelbahnen sind, ist mir eigentlich schnuppe.

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18051 von UtahRodel
My top runs are predictable: Rinerhorn, Rotwand, Ratschings, maybe Monte Baranci if it had been groomed. Haven’t had any time to get off the beaten track, like to Federico’s suggestions or hiking to hütte.

Every country different. Like the “mind your own business”ness of CH, the food in Tirol, and the general high level of enthusiasm the Austrians have - riding on ancient schlitten. Didn’t see a whole lot of folks getting athletic although there were three guys at the Rinerhorn that absolutely smoked me on every run but I was also on plastic runners that day (washed out in the bends) which was a huge mistake. Might get back there in a few days..

Rode First>Schreckfeld>Bort yesterday which had a few steeeep sections. Saw a young girl lose control and fly off down a ski slope. Think we are doing Waldspitz today.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18059 von Zimtstern
Zimtstern antwortete auf A few questions.

Selbst der Astberg ist schon 3h von mir daheim weg. In welchem Land die Rodelbahnen sind, ist mir eigentlich schnuppe.

Das ist ja Jammern auf höchsten Niveau, ich muß ganze 6 Stunden fahren. Wenn ich nur 3 Stunden zu fahren hätte, wäre ich wohl öfters auf der Piste

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18060 von Rodelrobert
Du bist ja hier auch die große Ausnahme. Bist Du dann nicht wahrscheinlich auch mehrere Tage dort? Die meisten deutschen Rodler hier im Forum wohnen in der Umgebung von Rosenheim und München, und fahren mal kurz ohne Übernachtung hin. Ich rede hier auch von nur einem Rodeltag, denn dann sind mir die 3h hin und 3h zurück am selben Tag auch sehr lang. Wir reden hier davon, dass ich mit dem Smart ForTwo Cabrio, welches im Innenraum noch mal ein Stück lauter als das ForTwo Coupe ist, zu den Rodelbahnen fahre. Die aktuellen Spritpreise lassen Einen das Ganze auch überdenken, ob man denn unbedingt rodeln will.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 2 Wochen her von Rodelrobert.

• Rodler aus Berlin
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18062 von Rodler aus Berlin
Wenn Zimtstern eine Ausnahme ist, was sind denn UtahRodel, Marco oder ich dann? Exoten? 

Ich bin schon mal für eine Rodelabfahrt von Berlin nach Zürich geflogen 

Hätte ich Zeit, würde ich fahren, sparen kann man ab Frühling bis Dezember/Januar 

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18063 von Rodelrobert
Nicht gelesen? Ich schreibe hier von einem Rodeltag. Am selben Tag fahre ich hin und wieder zurück, und im Smart Cabrio ist das halbwegs eine Tortur.

Edit:
Und Schluß jetzt. Das ist der Thread von UtahRodel.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 2 Wochen her von Rodelrobert.

• Rodler aus Berlin
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her - 2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18064 von Rodler aus Berlin
ja und, bin schon morgens von Berlin nach Černá hora gefahren und nachmittags dann zurück; das sind pro Tour über 400 km; wo ist da jetzt das Problem?!
Mache nicht dein Problem zu unserem, also das du nur mit einem besseren Schuhkarton unterwegs bist 

Edit:
Und Schluß jetzt. Das ist der Thread von UtahRodel.
bleib mal locker und chill mal ne Runde …
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 2 Wochen her von Rodler aus Berlin.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18066 von Luchs
Warst du rodeln in cerna hora?

• Rodler aus Berlin
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Wochen her #18067 von Rodler aus Berlin

Warst du rodeln in cerna hora?
ja, vor ein paar Jahren
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Luchs

• UtahRodel
  • Autor
  • Senior Mitglied
  • Senior Mitglied
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Woche her #18205 von UtahRodel
Even after translating the recommendations here for Pinnistal several times, we still had no idea what you were all talking about as far as a “snow taxi”. Haha. Couple of American hillbillies. We were both stunned to sled up into this scene:

Back home now and it’s prime conditions for something… different.

Maybe returning soon; Mattie is keen on motorcycling over there are we are into via ferrata, if anyone else is..?

• Marco aus Holland
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Platinum Mitglied
  • Der Kaseroller
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Woche her #18207 von Marco aus Holland
Maybe next year our rodel roads will cross.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Woche her - 2 Jahre 1 Woche her #18208 von urs
Sorry, I was busy sledding in Austria and didn't read the Forum for a while.

Re: Grindelwald Bahnen ? Yes, I could answer a few questions, as I’m there about once every year.
What do you like to know exactly ?

One BAD piece of news I’m most unhappy to share:
Prices have jumped up in the Grindelwald & Wengen region for the lift passes in recent years….
Even Bussalp fares for the busses have increased recently 
But the sledding is still good 

Regards
Urs
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Woche her von urs.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.378 Sekunden